Tuesday, March 5, 2013

FlyLady

Have you ever heard of the Fly Lady? I hadn't either until one Sunday this past January after Sunday School. Madison asked her friend Mollie over for dinner. Mollie talked about her Mom being a fly lady. I had to check it out. (Thank you Mollie and Tonya!!!) As soon as I could I Googled Fly Lady. Wow. It is a website devoted to those of US who are NOT BORN ORGANIZERS. I am not an organizer at all. But I am learning to get My house in order. This site has really helped. flylady.net

She teaches you how to get into routines. My routine use to consist of getting up, praying and reading My Bible, get girls up to begin our school day. All the while My floors needed swept, Laundry piled up, dust everywhere!!!

Now, I have a morning routine. I still get up and pray, read My Bible. Then I head to  bathroom to get myself ready for the day. Fix My hair. Get clothes on. (we homeschool so gowns and pj's were normal school clothes for us) Then I do what Fly Lady calls "Swish and Swipe"....I clean the vanity and the toilet everyday!!! I know this sounded crazy to me at first too, but it really gives me a great feeling of accomplishment! Next I go make our bed. Grab a load of Laundry. Throw it in the wash then head to the kitchen. I unload the dishwasher so it is ready for the days dishes. (no more dishes in the sink...most if the time) Last I sweep the floors, quickly. All of this only takes me about 20-25 minutes. Then it is on to school.

I know some may have had routines all your life. some of us haven't. My family loves how the house stays clean. I never realized how much dust the floors collect in a day!

We are also trying to declutter everything. I have thrown away BAGS of JUNK!!!!!!!!

Check it the website if you need help getting routines set up and let me know what you think :)

Keeping My sink shined,
Heather----flying high :)


3 comments:

  1. Neat! I think I will learn more about the fly lady...I too need a routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I really need more orginization in my life. I will be checking the website out ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help me!! Routine? Here in my house? Never. In your opinion,.at what age.should a child be responsible for cleaning their own room? I'm ready to lay the law down on my boys, but they are still young...

    ReplyDelete